Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

Holiday Card 2011 Scrapbook Page

TV: I was watching The Today Show this morning while eating breakfast, and they were doing a segment about how to make some extra money this year. One of the tips the lady suggested was "Start an online store." She listed off Ebay, Amazon, and Etsy as ideas. Sure, you can start an online store, but maintaining it? That takes almost as much time as a full time job with all the creating, picture taking, picture editing, listing, etc. you have to do. And with the supplies you have to buy and fees you have to pay, it takes a while before you actually make money from your store. They should have elaborated on that part as not to give people the wrong impression. Also, just because you make stuff doesn't necessarily mean it'll sell.

Good customer service: Bed, Bath, & Beyond rocks. The air mattress that I bought in October developed a leak and they let me return it and give me my money back. Yay!

Shopping: I was able to score some really good deals on Christmas crafty items today from Michaels, Marshalls, and TJMaxx. Aside from crafty items, I was also successful in buying some new work out clothes. This'll help me not have to do workout clothes laundry so frequently.

Blockbuster: On my way home from my morning shopping spree, I went to Blockbuster to see what their pre-viewed movie selection was like. As I approached the store, I saw big "We're Moving!" signs. I got really excited because I thought that meant that I could find some good deals on DVDs. Mmmyeahno. That was not the case. Some previewed movies were $10 or $12. I was not impressed. I picked out a bunch that I wanted (6 DVDs and 1 Wii game) and went up to the desk to see if they'd give me a deal, but alas, they didn't, so I left them at the counter and went home. I thought that they'd be more desperate to get rid of the merchandise. Maybe I'll have to go back closer to the closing date in February.

Scrapbook page:
As I did for the Christmas cards I received in 2010 and the birthday cards I received in 2011, I decided to keep the cards that I received this past holiday season and make a scrapbook envelope page of them.

Page Specs:
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Broken China. StazOn in Jet Black
Paper: American Crafts- Merrymint
Stamp: Inkadinkado- Snowflakes (snowflakes), The Paper Company Studio- Christmas Expressions (sentiment)
Punch: EK Success Postage Stamp border punch
Brad: Recollections- Silver Circles
Stickers: American Crafts Dear Lizzy Christmas Glitter Chipboard Thickers in Sparkling, Martha Stewart adhesive borders

2 comments :

Almost Precious said...

LOL - Yes the media would make one believe that all they have to do is open up an online business and the next day they'll be racking in the money. Wish it were so easy. You hit the nail on the head when you state that it takes a lot of work and a lot of time ... even then success is not guaranteed.

Best wishes for the New Year may yours be blessed with good health, abundant happiness and much prosperity.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Good idea for the scrap book pages for your cards received, was just thinking last night, have to organize cards received for birthdays and Christmas.........

Have to agree with you on that one also...I have had my Etsy store 4 years now and still, I feel like I am on the back 40 acres and no one really notices me......Oh well, will keep trying....when I do get a sale I am just soooooo excited, doing the Etsy tap dance all day!!!!

Keep up the good work, I love reading your blogs!!! And seeing your ideas!!!

Post a Comment