Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Love You Card

At the office: I completed another project for the Big Boss today, and I didn't really hear from him until the end of the day and I saw him through the glass window of the office that I was camping out in. I was on a conference call, so I had the door closed. He draws a square with his fingers and mouthed "Thank you." I had made some slides for him. Ha ha.

We had our January all staff meeting. A few months ago, I nominated one of my co-workers with a staff award for going above and beyond. He has helped me with some presentation posters that I used for some conferences, and even if no one really looked at my poster in depth, at least it looked very professional and my co-worker was really easy to work with. I liked that non-senior staff members can nominate other staff members for this award, not just senior staff. I heard some of the new people walk by later, saying that it was a good staff meeting. I think we made a good first impression, and I think it's equally important to show people how much we appreciate them when they perform well. :)

The IT guys at work were nice enough to download iTunes to my work computer this morning. I was so happy to be able to download some music to my new iPhone and jam out to Kelly Clarkson at the gym after spin class.

Books: I started The Help a few nights ago. I hope to crunch through a bunch of it this weekend.

Card: OMG, I had intended to make a simple one-layer card, but getting to the final product took forever! How ironic, right? Well, I first started with one of the red cards that came in the Recollections pack that I got on Monday. I stamped the large swirly stamp from the calligraphy set with Versamark and then use white embossing powder on it. Well, the embossing powder was sticking in places that I didn't want it to stick, despite running a dryer sheet prior to stamping. I tried that a few times, and I wasn't satisfied with any of them. Then I switched to a white card base with brown ink. I think because it's a large image, it's sometimes tough to get a clean image. The left side might be darker than the right or some part of the image might not stamp at all. UGH. However, after the fifth try tonight, I came up with something I was happy with.
Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Chestnut Roan, Warm Red
Stamps: Martha Stewart- Calligraphy Stamp Set, The Paper Company Studio- Greetings (sentiment)
Other: Staedtler Triplus Fineliner, Brown Sharpie Ultra Fine Point marker

Nails: I gave my nails a rest for a few days, so now it's time to try another color that I bought but haven't used yet. This shade of green reminds me of Elphaba from Wicked. Base coat: China Glaze in Starboard (2 coats). White: Revlon in White on White. Bundle Monster plate #222.

0 comments :

Post a Comment