Pages

Saturday, November 23, 2013

2013 Holiday Craft Show #1

Today was Holiday Craft Show #1 of 2013.  As always, my goal is to make up my table fee, which I did within the first 1.5 hours.  The extra money that I got will be helpful for when it's time to do some Christmas gift shopping.  The foot traffic was just so-so (and I should have had an inkling about this because I was there last year).  I think because the craft show is in an old house with stairs, it's difficult for people that have trouble walking to get to all the rooms in the house to check out all the crafters.

The lady that had the table next to me (she was selling jewelry) was making conversation and asked me if I do this full-time.  Um, no, I have a "real job."  I almost burst out laughing because it'd take a lot of folding to make enough cards to sell to do this full-time.  I felt kinda bad that I worded it like that because I found out later that doing jewelry was her full-time job.  I hope she understood that I wasn't saying that doing jewelry wasn't a legit full-time job.  I meant that I do this as a hobby and I do have a regular 9-to-5 job.
After wrapping up at the craft fair, I went to my parents' house.  I wanted to hang out with Julie, but she was at work!  When I left the house after dinner, she was still at work!  Sheesh, on a Saturday?  What a bummer. :( At least Ginger was there to hang out with me and watch tv.

0 comments :

Post a Comment