Pages

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Birthday Celebration #2 and Some Shopping

I got some birthday cake on my birthday last week and then today, I started the day off with brunch at Pacci's Trattoria. The place opened up at 10:30 AM and my family (parents, sister, cousin and aunt) wasn't the only one that showed up right as the doors were opening. I had high expectations from this brunch because I heard such good things about it from my uncle. Wow, he was not kidding! Eggs Benedict, home fries, bacon, 3 kinds of salad, scallops, oysters, shrimp, crab legs (which my mom LOVED), gnocci (my favorite dish from this place!) and some small desserts. I had to definitely pace myself so as not to feel really sick. 

After brunch, I went to get some errands done.  My goal was to get Julie's birthday present and some cat food for RJ.  I had half luck.  I went to a Target that I hadn't been before, but didn't find anything there.  Petmart and Kohl's were right next to this Target, so I wandered there afterwards.  They didn't have the cat food that RJ usually eats.  I did find something for Julie and myself at Kohl's (60% off + additional 10% off at the register on both items!).  I won't share what I got Julie (so I won't ruin the birthday surprise), but I can show what I got myself...I love this necklace! :)

I went back home to camp out on the couch (NCIS marathon on TV!), but then went out again to get this new Colgate toothbrush + whitening pen duo.  It was on sale at CVS (which would also give me $5 Extra Care Bucks) and I had a coupon from the Sunday ads.  I'm very curious to see how it performs.  Using the $5 Extra Care Bucks from this purchase and $6 in CVS coupons AND a Buy 1, Get 1 50% off deal, I snagged 2 Revlon Matte Balms (colors: Standout, left, and Shameless, right) for around $4.00 ($19 if bought at full retail price with no discount).  Whoa, the purple is definitely out there, but I think if I paired it with a pink gloss or something, I could rock it in the fall.  

0 comments :

Post a Comment