Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2016

St. Louis, Day 5

Bye, St. Louis! I don't think I'll be seeing you anytime soon, and if I do, I hope things are more lively and prosperous than this time around.

My flight wasn't until 1:30 PM, so I had time to go to the morning session. I had packed up all of my nice clothes and was going to go rogue and wear jeans since I had to leave for the airport right after. Was anyone going to chastise me for doing so?  Mmm, we'll find out! Turns out my boss was wearing jeans too, so whew, safe!

I got a seat in the second to last row of the plane. The older lady sitting next to me and I chatted while the plane was taxiing to the runway. I told her my observations of the city and she confirmed that the city isn't as busy as it use to be. She asked if I had been to the St. Louis Zoo (nope, no time...and no easy way to get there).  She mentioned the National Zoo and how her son was saying that it wasn't worth going it.

Whattt.

Ok, I just stopped actively listening to her right then and there. I like my Zoo!  It's free and it's got pandas. What's not to like???  Thankfully, I was able to get some sleep on the flight home. I don't think I could have the brain power to hold a 1.5 hour conversation with someone that just dissed the Zoo.

Dad picked me up at the Metro station. I thought of going to my place, but then I remembered there's nothing to eat in my fridge. I made an executive decision to sleep at my parents' house. Julie and I watched the CrossFit Games Open workout 16.2 announcement. I can't believe Dan Bailey was able to squat clean 315 lbs for multiple reps!

0 comments :

Post a Comment