Pages

Saturday, June 8, 2013

CrossFit Games, Day 2

Today was the second day of the CrossFit Games (Day 1 recap).  I thought we were supposed to get there as early as we went yesterday (7 AM), but when we got there, the parking lot was rather empty.  We decided to stay in the car a little longer until we saw more people.  We were assigned to social media again, so we had to look for split times, time completed, and how teams were doing overall.  The event today was the following for individual women and men.  If you were on a team, each member of the 6 person team (3 men and 3 women) had to complete 30 of the following, kinda like a relay.  Ugh, grueling.  None of the women competed individually even finished...one lady was close though (Christy Phillips).
  • 100 Wall balls (20/14 lbs to a 10’ target
  • 100 Chest-to-bar Pull-ups
  • 100 One-legged squats, alternating
  • 100 One-arm dumbbell snatches, alternating (70/50 lbs)

Derrick from Road Rules (and a few of the Real World/Road Rules Challenge shows).
Nails: A few months ago, I bought this nail polish at CVS for something like $1.50 or $1.99.  I was looking for an alternative to navy since that's more of a fall color.  Maybe I'll do a July 4th manicure at some point with this blue.  It's beautiful.  2 coats of Wet 'N Wild Fastdry in Saved by the Blue.
Cards: My cousin texted me the other day asking for some thank you cards.  He's going to be interviewing at dental schools soon and he wanted to have thank you cards ready to give to the interview committees.  The card below was my first attempt.  Julie said that it was too girly, so I went back and did the one with the trees.  Too bad I already made 7 of the red/brown cards.  Oh well.  At least I'll have some thank you cards to use whenever I need them!

0 comments :

Post a Comment