Pages

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Raleigh, Day 5

Hooray, it's almost time to go home! Not that I didn't enjoy being here in Raleigh and being around the members and my co-workers, but I'm ready to get back to my routine at home, like my two C's: cat and (new) car.

The meeting today was only a half-day, so around noon, I have as many good-bye hugs as I could and headed out to lunch with my boss and 2 co-workers and a member. We picked up a member along the way...my boss affectionately said "Off the street." We headed to the Busy Bee Cafe where I had mac and cheese with bacon and loaded tater tots for lunch. I didn't think I would have to eat ever again. I was so full!  But the food was amazing!
My co-worker and I parted ways with the group so that we could make a CVS run for tomorrow's train ride snacks. I pretty much passed out for the rest of the afternoon until it was time for dinner. NCIS reruns kept me entertained. 

For dinner, my coworkers and I went to Beasley's, which is known for their fried chicken and waffles. Many people left after the meeting but since the last train for today has already left, I have to wait for the train tomorrow. Fortunately I'm not the only one. 

Anyway, I didn't have any room for a big meal, so I went with a side of biscuits and peanut butter pie (as recommended by my co-worker Jennifer earlier in the day). I also got a grapefruit flavored cocktail. Again, everything there was delicious and my diet will start promptly tomorrow.

1 comments :

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

What happened to "day 4?" My but you ate well!! All that food looks great and oh my, peanut butter pie, now that sounds delish!!!

Post a Comment