Pages

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Raleigh, Day 1

Hello, Raleigh! It was kinda a journey to get down here. I came via Amtrak with two of my coworkers (it's nice to have travel buddies). The train ride was about 6 hours, but that mode of transportation was so much better than flying or driving because it was comfortable (I had 2 seats to myself for most of the ride) and there was wi-fi available too.
After getting settled at the hotel, I went with some coworkers to a place called The Pit. They are known for their BBQ. I had the pulled pork, mashed potatoes and mac and cheese. It was amazing food and I wish I had a fridge and microwave in my room so that I could enjoy leftovers. But alas, I had to eat what I could while I was there. Some people got the banana pudding for the table to share, so of course I had to try it. Everything there was excellent! I am going back on Monday. :)
Food is always better with friends, don't you agree?

0 comments :

Post a Comment