Pages

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Day Off

Day off!: I was looking at my work calendar this week and noticed I didn't have anything on my calendar for today.  I put in a request for a day off, woot woot.

Step 1: Sleep in.

Step 2: Go to Sears to check out their beauty sale (as reported on NouveauCheap).  Having the lower prices makes me more adventurous to try something out of my comfort zone.  I figured that since I'm not really investing too much money in these items, it's not a financial burden if I don't like the product(s).  Well, let me back up.  The mascara was the only one that was really new to me.  The other products that I got, I already had it in a different color at home, but I liked it so much that I wanted to branch out.

The cosmetics section was really picked through, but there were some goodies still left.  I picked out:
  • a Maybelline Falsies mascara
  • a Maybelline Master Drama eyeliner in Vibrant Violet (I have Sapphire Strength and love it!)
  • a Maybelline Color Tattoo eyeshadow in Audacious Asphalt (Bad to the Bronze has been my go-to recently)
  • a Revlon lip butter in Pink Truffle (I own and love the one in Sugar Plum)
All these items were 50% off, whee (total: $15.52)!  I tried the Falsies right when I got home.  I suppose I could have tried it on in the car, but it was hot outside and I wanted to seek shelter in my air conditioned home.  BAM!  Those lashes were quite dramatic.  I'm going to have to enjoy playing with all this make-up because in about a month, I'm going to be working full-time from home for approximately 4 months.  Is it worth putting on make-up if you're going to be in your pajamas all day?  Eh, I dunno yet.

Step 3: Reorganize closet.  The bi-fold closet door that hid my washer and drier came off not too long after I moved in TWO YEARS AGO.  My aunt was opening the door, and it basically came off and I tried to put it back, but that was difficult, so I ended up just putting the bi-fold door in my walk-in closet.  I decided to trash it this week on trash day.  Geeze, I should have done that a long time ago.  I have so much more space now!  Lesson learned.

Step 4: Hang up birdhouse art piece in living room.  I will repaint the frame a different color at some point.  Right now, it's the same color as the paint on the wall so I feel like it gets kinda lost.  Easily fixable.

Step 5: Clean makeup brushes and makeup container.  An icky, but necessary step.

Step 6: Take nap on couch :)

Neighbor Update: I'm not sure what was going on last night, but around 11 PM, as I was getting ready to go to bed, I heard some banging outside and "Mommy, I'll behave.  I'll behave, Mommy!" and some crying.  WTH?!  I wondered if this was a result of what happened earlier in the day yesterday with the neighbor's kid and me telling his dad about him playing with my AC unit.  What happened to some peace and quiet?

1 comments :

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Prosperous and busy day you had today :)

Post a Comment