Pages

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Snow Day

O hai! Can I have some chicken?
The weather forecast called for a 1 - 3 inches this morning, and I didn't really think it was going to be that big of a deal so I did not bring my computer home from work last night. When I woke up this morning and turned on the radio, I heard that OPM had an unscheduled leave or telework policy for today and several schools were delayed or closed.

The county schools first decided to delay schools and then they decide to close them.  I thought it was kind of weird because the closure happen after the kids, at least the high school kids, were already on the road. Talk about unsafe! I kept tabs on Twitter, Facebook and the local news and the roads were a mess out there.  GoogleMaps was displaying lots of red lines, indicating traffic congestion. 

Even though I did not have my work computer with me, I was able to download Lync onto my personal computer so that I could telework and continue to receive and make calls as necessary.  Email wasn't as much of an issue since I could access it via the Internet and on my phone. I got an email saying that the big boss was ordering pizza for the brave souls that went to the office today.  How generous! :)

In between conference calls and answering emails, I made a batch of this crockpot chicken that I made on Saturday.  I have one serving left from my Saturday batch, which I'll eat for lunch tomorrow.  Yay for planning ahead.

0 comments :

Post a Comment