Pages

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Welcome to 2015, Mom

Hooray, this is the end of my 3 day work week.  I decided to take tomorrow off since there isn't anything really urgent that needs to happen tomorrow.  I went to Happy Hour with my former co-worker Surili.  She told me that she heard that one of the people that was supposed to start at my office decided to take another offer, and let us know the day before her start date.  o_0 I thought this was funny that she heard this news before I did and she doesn't even work with me anymore, and it's crazy that this person would give such short notice.  But, hey, I guess it's a competitive world out there.  I don't blame her for taking what she thinks is a better offer.

My cousin, who is visiting from Taiwan, gave my mom her old iPhone 4.  My family in Taiwan really likes to use the app Line and this was Mom's opportunity to get with the program.  My cousin set everything up with a family buddy list and gave her a lesson in texting family members. OMG, stuff had to be repeated so many times. Shouldn't it be intuitive?  I need to remember that my mom is not very tech-savvy.  I don't think she's ever Googled anything or sent an email.  She watches Asian programs on the computer via the Internet, but it has to be set up just right so all she has to do is click on an icon. Blah. -_-  We'll see how this goes.

0 comments :

Post a Comment