Pages

Friday, January 2, 2015

2015 Beauty Resolutions

Spinning: 1-hour spin class, check!  There was a guy that rode the noisy bike despite several of us telling him that it would do that.  The clanking noise got so loud that the music couldn't drown it out. The lady next to him actually got up and left. One of the spinners told the guy on the clanking bike to move to her bike since she left.  Problem solved and everyone had a less distracting class. :)

2015 Beauty Resolutions: I wanted to make a set of beauty related resolutions for 2015, separate from life ones. These were also easier to come up with, so that's another reason why I'm posting them first.
  • The theme for this year is to make a conscious effort to use stuff up and then I can allow myself to buy new stuff.  I've even written down a list of items that I want to be done with by 2016.  This should be pretty easy because I've made a significant dent in all of these already.  I can't wait to be able to put them in my empties box.
    • Revlon Lip Butter in Pink Truffle
    • Revlon Just Kissable Balm Stain in Honey
    • Revlon Nearly Naked foundation in Shell 
    • Jordana Twist and Shine Moisurising Balm Stain in Honey Love
    • Estee Lauder concealer in light medium
    • Estee Lauder blush in True Sand
    • 2 Covergirl liquiline eyeliners in black
    • 1 Jordana Made to Last eyeliner in Black Point
    • Urban Decay Primer Potion eyeshadow primer
    • 1 tube of Carmex
    • 4 body sprays
    • 1 facial mask
    • 1 brush cleaner
    • Not pictured because they are at my desk at the office: Revlon Lip Butter in Sugar Plum and EOS lip balm in Lemon Drop.
  • No more new nail polish purchases.  Have you seen my collection?  I have enough.  Really.  I do.  I will make an exception for top coat because that's not really a colored nail polish.
  • Limit myself to 6 new makeup purchases in 2015, like lipsticks and eyeshadows (roughly 1 new thing every other month).  Necessities like lotion, moisturizers, foundations, concealers, a black eyeliner (after the ones listed above are done), a tube of mascara (after all my backups are done), hair dye, shampoo, conditioner, etc. will not count.  If I can stick to this resolution, I'm going to be ecstatic!  Eek!
  • Make an effort to use conditioner in my hair.  Wow, it really makes a difference!  Duh.

0 comments :

Post a Comment