Pages

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Thanksgiving Break, Day 2

Today was less couch-potato-y than yesterday…
  • Volunteered at packet pick-up for a local race. The sports store that this packet pick-up usually is held closed its doors, so they moved it to a nearby Honda dealership. One of the other snags that happened this year was that some people paid to have their bibs shipped, but for some reason some people didn't get theirs. Many people were somewhat grouchy about it and understandably so since they paid extra for the shipping. However, don't get snippy with the volunteers. We didn't do anything wrong and there's nothing that we can do for you about it. Here's your bib and t-shirt and I can direct you to the proper person to get you your refund. Sheesh. You'd think with the holidays, people would be more understanding or at least in a better mood.
  • Survived a trip to Costco pick up an apple pie for tomorrow’s family Thanksgiving dinner. The lines were not as bad as I thought they would be.
  • Baked a pumpkin cheesecake to also take with me to dinner tomorrow. I still need to make some macaroni and cheese…
  • Went to 5:15 PM CrossFit and increased my deadlift weight to 115 lbs (10 lb increase from last week). I hadn’t seen Coach Mike in about 1.5 weeks so I could see his eyebrows shoot up with surprise out of the corner of my eye when I did some consecutive double unders. “Is this a new development?” Why, yes, it is! Maria and I had talked on Facebook and made a commitment to come to tonight's class. Afterwards, she said that it was good that we talked to hold each other accountable to coming. I think it was especially important given the holiday tomorrow!
  • On a random note, I ordered some adhesive for my ATG gun in preparation for holiday card making and USPS says that it was delivered, but I haven't seen it. I'm hoping that it was accidentally put in another mailbox and someone will deliver it to me at some point. I mean, it's nothing exciting. It's adhesive. And if you don't have the ATG gun, you can't use it anyway.

0 comments :

Post a Comment