Pages

Saturday, November 14, 2015

Banana Pudding with My Sous Chefs

First victory today: walking around Target with a package of peppermint Oreos only to put them back before I left the store. I resisted their gravitational pull, so go me.

Second victory: making it through CrossFit without my body giving out. I worked on my ring rows and then the AMRAP was 11 thrusters, 14 box jumps (today’s date) and 28 burpees (it’s one of the co-owners birthday today and she’s turning 28), as many rounds/reps in 14 minutes. Next year, she should just say she’s turning 21 and save us all the agony. I had to stop a few times towards the end because my heart was racing too much and I thought my arms were going to give out, but I made it through 2 full rounds and a third set of the thrusters and box jumps. UGH. I'm glad that I went though, since I didn't get a workout in on Thursday or Friday this week.

I couldn't make it to Michelle's housewarming party, so I made it up today by going over to her house and making banana pudding with her kids. D put the first layer of cookies in the pan and Michelle cut up bananas for D to put on top of the cookies. I made the pudding while this was all going on. Mike, Michelle's husband, was like "I thought this was an old family recipe, but this is from AllRecipes.com." Family recipe?  Yeah, no. Hah. While we waited for the pudding to set, I played a matching game with D and caught up with Michelle (read: gossiped about work stuff). Another funny thing was when D wanted her dad to put a temporary mustache tattoo on her. OMG, that was hilarious!
After we ate some of the banana pudding, I said my goodbyes and went to my parents' house. Julie, Hugo and I decided on getting Five Guys cheeseburgers tonight and I also had to pick RJ up since he was staying there while I was in Atlanta.
Yay, dinner!!!
No, kitty. You cannot “has cheezburger.”

0 comments :

Post a Comment