Pages

Thursday, November 26, 2015

Turkey Chase and Thanksgiving

Volunteer Activity #8 of 2015:  I woke up at 5 AM to go volunteer at packet pick-up for a local race. I'm so thankful that the weather was much nicer/warmer/less muddy than last year. After the race, I went to Safeway to pick up some groceries, including some vanilla ice cream to go with the Costco apple pie that I bought yesterday. I went back to sleep for a few hours before getting up to shower and make some pumpkin macaroni and cheese to bring to my parents' house.
Those were all the t-shirts that still needed to be picked up by runners after yesterday’s packet pick-up. Eek.
I ate pumpkin pie for breakfast because that’s how I like to pre-party
It felt weird to not have Julie at home for Thanksgiving since she's currently in Nicaragua. She texted earlier to say Happy Thanksgiving (her volunteer group did have a traditional Thanksgiving dinner there), send us a picture of her current view, and make sure I saved her some Costco apple pie. Priorities. I sent her this picture so she didn't feel like she was missing out.

0 comments :

Post a Comment