Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2016

Bench Press PR

When I pulled into the office parking garage, I thought to myself, "I feel like I was just here. OH, WAIT, that's because I was!" Blah. I basically washed off my makeup when I got home from the work dinner last night around 10 PM and went straight to bed.

Today was a full day meeting. It was basically Part 2 of a meeting that was held in early March. Meh, I don't think I heard anything different from the March meeting, so I hope the meeting coordinators got what they wanted out of the participants.

5:15 PM CrossFit, check! After a full day meeting, I wasn’t sure if I’d be able to muster the strength to go. However, my sister and Maria PR'ed this morning, and I haven’t seen Coach Monica in a while, so that was my incentive to go.

And I’m glad that I did because I PR'ed with a 1 RM 90 lbs bench press! For comparison, in mid-December, I got a 1 RM 80 lbs bench press and that took quite a few tries. I got 90 on the second try today. YAY, gold star for me!

WOD, 3 rounds:
20 front rack lunges (35 lbs to be mindful of my back)
10 push-ups with black and red bands
10 double unders and 90 single unders
Time: 11:20, I think.

I feel like I’m finally getting back into the swing of things.

After CrossFit, I went over to my parents' house to hang out. Julie told me about her volunteer experience from last weekend.  I'm so looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow! :)

0 comments :

Post a Comment