Pages

Saturday, July 30, 2011

A Busy Bee Saturday!

Training: 7 miles @ 11:15-11:30 min/mile pace was on the schedule today. Yeah, it was a grueling as it sounds. From my place to my parents' place is 3.5 miles so I basically went there, took a little break to say hi and ran back. Total running time was 1 hour and 27 minutes (1st half was 42:49, 2nd half was 44:55), with an average pace of 12:25 min/mile. While I'm not thrilled about my time, I was happy that I got done.

Yard sale finds: I went to several yard sales today after running and came back with 2 things: a desk chair ($25) and some Corningware ($3). The funny thing with the chair is that the woman was telling me secretly that her husband wanted it for $40, but she'd let me have it for $30. I wanted to know that all the adjustments worked. She brought her husband over and he showed me that they did indeed work. Hmmm, ok. Perhaps we can negotiate. "I'll take it from you for $25." "That would work," he said. Mwah ha ha ha. With a run through with a vacuum and a Lysol wipe, it looked brand new. Now I don't have to drag the only chair that I have in my office from the craft desk to the computer. I have a chair for each now!

Movie: My friend Robyn and I went out for a dinner and a movie tonight. Dinner was at a TexMex place and the movie of choice was Cowboys and Aliens. A movie that has James Bond and Indiana Jones has got to be good, right? The aliens were scary so I had to cover my eyes during some parts, but overall, a kick-butt movie!

Card: I decided to use a hot air balloon stamp and sentiment stamp that hadn't seen ink yet. I went with a square card again because it was leftover cardstock from when I made yesterday's card. The sentiment flag was created when I was making my shoe card a few days ago, but it was too long for that card. Good thing I kept it for this card. It matches very nicely with the background paper.

Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Blackbird. Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Antique Linen.
Stamps: Studio G (sentiment, hot air balloon)
Paper: Die Cuts with a View- Nana's Kitchen, Die Cuts with a View- Mango Frost
Punch: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper, Fiskars Threading Water border punch

0 comments :

Post a Comment