Pages

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Housewarming Party and New Crafty Project

Hope everyone's weekend is ending on a good note! :)

Training: I was supposed to run 6 miles on Saturday, but with the high temperatures outside, I didn't want to risk anything. Instead, I went to the gym and did a 1-hour spin class. On the training schedule today was doing a 5 mile walk, so I waited until early evening to walk 2.5 miles and then turn around and walk back home.

Housewarming party: I invited several of my family members over for pizza and dessert on Saturday. Some of them hadn't seen the house yet, so it was nice to be able to show them around. When I went to pick up my order, I saw that the Pizza Hut was near a Blockbuster and a Cameron's Seafood. How convenient! For dessert, I made a chocolate pudding pie and put strawberries on top.

New crafty project: I wanted to build some sort of French Memo Board in my craft room so that I could display fun snail mail and cards that I've made. I picked up a large 24 x 30 canvas board from an art supply store near my office on sale. The rest of the supplies (fabric, ribbon, staples, thread) were things that either Mom or I owned already. After I went out to lunch with my family, I put the memo board together with some help from Mom and my sister. Some of the online tutorials suggested putting some quilt batting between the fabric and the board, but I didn't feel like it'd make too much of a difference and I didn't want to make an extra trip to the fabric store. I think the fabric is very cute. Yep, it's Keroppi...Hello Kitty's friend. The yellow in the fabric matched nicely with the yellow paint in the room. I ran out of the light green ribbon, so I'll have to find an alternative to put 2 more ribbon lines in, but I think this is a good start. Eventually, I'll put some buttons or other type of embellishment where the ribbons intersect, but for now, most of the intersections are stitched together. Hooray!

1 comments :

Kelsey said...

I love the memo board in your craft room..very cute! Such a great project. :)

Post a Comment