Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

Moving Day #2

Yesterday was another busy day with moving into the new place. Dad borrowed my uncle's truck and we moved my new bed to the new place. Then, yesterday afternoon, I went with my parents to Costco. OMG, I haven't been there in a while and then I was reminded why I really don't like going there. The foot traffic in that place ranges from the "slower than melting glaciers" people that want to look at every item to the people that zoom around the whole place only looking for the items that are on their list. The store staff need to put traffic lights at the major intersections of the warehouse so that people don't ram their carts into one another. Dad was very generous and bought me a new TV for the living room and a table for my craft room. I can't wait to get my cable and internet hooked up on TH, but it's not so bad being unplugged for a little bit. At least I have internet at work.

This whole moving-to-a-new-place feels very similar to when I went to college. New surroundings, new neighbors (I met quite a few already!), etc. The big difference is that my parents are only 10 minutes away, instead of a few hours. This will lead to more opportunities to chat and raid the fridge and visit Ginger. ;)

I also killed my first bug at the new place last night. It was a ginormous moth in the bathroom. It was too high up for me to reach, so I ended up dragging out the vaccum cleaner to get it.

On a non-new place related note: my 8K training program starts today. For today, the training program says that I can go to spin class. Thankfully that's indoors. Running outside is going to be a challenge with the heat and humidity this week, but I'm just going to have to figure it out!

Song of the day: "For Good"- Wicked Soundtrack

1 comments :

Linda B said...

Congrats on your new place. I agree with you about Costco, people ran the cart into me too, like I was invisible.

Good luck on your 8K training.

Post a Comment