Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

Fall-To Layout #151

Training: Today was a rest day, thankfully. It was forecasted to get up to 100 degrees outside! Hopefully the heat will be more manageable tomorrow, as 7 miles is on the schedule.

Work-related news: Now that I have my new place, I have decided to take advantage of one of the benefits that's offered at work, which is working from home. I've been thinking about it for a while and didn't feel comfortable doing it at my parents' house. How embarrassing would it be to take a conference call and have Mom barge in, right? Effective today, I am working from home on Fridays. Yipee! Doing work in my pjs...yep, sign me up.

Observation: I am doing so much better about cleaning up after myself in this new place than I ever was in my own room at my parents' house. I'm the only one that will be keeping this place clean. Not my mom. Not my dad. If it's cluttered, it's up to me to clean it up. While I thought I'd enjoy the freedom of leaving my shoes and clothes and other junk around, I realized very quickly that seeing stuff everywhere drives me crazy. We'll see how long I keep this up. I mean, it's almost been a month...that's a good sign, right?

Card: Here's my take on Fall-To Layout #151. All the elements of card were created from scraps. It's always nice to have thank you cards on hand, right?
Card Specs:
Embossing powder: Stampendous! in white
Embossing ink: VersaMark
Stamps: The Paper Company Studio- Greetings (sentiment)
Paper: Die Cuts with a View- Nana's Kitchen
Punch: Martha Stewart- Classic Butterfly, We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper, Fiskars Threading Water border punch

2 comments :

Karen Aicken said...

I love the way you added the butterflies to this sketch. TFS
Cheers, Karen
alteredscrapbooking.blogspot.com

ileana-carmen said...

I like the butterflies. It is a nice card.

Post a Comment