Pages

Friday, July 15, 2011

Fall-To Layout #149

For a day off, today was rather busy! Between 8 AM and 12:30 PM, I ran the following errands:
  • ATM and gas station. Nothing exciting there.
  • my parents' house to get some my stuff and helped Dad load up the mini van with things that needed to go to the dump.
  • a yard sale. Came back with 2 Corningware casserole dishes, a Willow Tree doll holding a heart and a crystal vase. Total: $25. I hadn't realized how much of a deal that was until I got home to Google how much Corningware is. From the looks of it, the lady was trying to sell the old stuff from the house since the house was on the market. When the woman gave me my receipt, she told me "Well, if you're interested in buying a house..." Mmm, sorry, no. I just bought one. Thanks for helping me fill it though! :)
  • Post office. I was trying to get information on how to get my mail forwarded permanently to the new place.
  • Petsmart to give the adoptable kitties some love. Eventually, I'll be able to bring a lucky one home. There was a pair of black and white ones that were especially cute.
  • Staples for some copy paper that was on sale.
  • the electric company to get the electrical bill switched to my name. They only had 1 person available to handle the long line of customers. Hello?! If you had another person in the second window, we would have been out of your hair a lot sooner! Duh.
  • the animal shelter only to find that the kennel was opening at 12 and it was only 11 AM. I didn't want to wait around for an hour.
  • Marshalls to get some baking utensils (measuring cups, measuring spoons and a wisk).
When I came home from all my errands, I worked on getting some photos printed to put in some picture frames that I had. The photo paper pack that I had really came in handy. I'm so thankful that my boss let me take the day off. It would have taken me a lot longer to get all these errands done if I had to break them up.

Here's my take on Fall-To Layout #149 (my last card was over a week ago, yikes!). I decided to make a birthday card for my cousin, just in time for his birthday tomorrow! Note to self: I really need to find some more masculine themed stamps because trying to find a stamp appropriate for this card took the longest time tonight. I finally settled on a dog because he has a dog back in Taiwan. I used the stamp-off technique so that the dog wouldn't be too dark and clash with the sentiment.
Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Blackbird, Warm Red, Chestnut Roan. Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Antique Linen.
Stamps: Studio G (sentiment), K.I. Memories- Pet (dog)
Paper: American Crafts- Abode
Punch: Fiskars Upper Crest border punch, We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper
Other: Black American Crafts Stamp Marker

My long run is on the training schedule for tomorrow: 6 miles. This should be interesting...

Whoaaaa. According to Blogger, this is my 500th post! I'll have to look into getting a giveaway together. Stay tuned.

2 comments :

Brenda Dean said...

Beautiful!

Cindy Major said...

Aww, how sweet! Love how you used the sketch!

Post a Comment