Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

High Heel Shoe Card

Training: I was looking forward to my run this evening because it gave me an opportunity to test out the watch that I bought yesterday. The training schedule said 2.5 miles @ 9:50/mile pace, but then I couldn't remember what the 1.25 mile mark was (the turnaround point). I ended up going a little further than what I thought the 1.25 mark was because I would much rather go further than not enough. I ended up doing 3.8 miles @ 10:51/mile pace. Ugh, a whole minute off the pace that I should be on. I dunno if that's due to the hills or the extra distance that I did. Oh well. I think it's better to get used to mileage. I still have time to build up speed.

I love how when I go running, I always come back looking like I went swimming instead. It wasn't even raining outside, but it was kinda humid outside, despite the fact that the sun already went down. Ewww.

At the office: I was really wanting to try the frozen yogurt place that just opened up near my office. I always see people walking around with a cup of frozen yogurt from that place, despite the fact that Ben and Jerry's and Coldstone are nearby. I ended up getting chocolate frozen yogurt and adding mochi, chocolate chips, and Heath bars as toppings. My heart sank a little when I went to the counter because I could get a big thing of ice cream at Safeway for the price of one cup of the frozen yogurt. I considered it a treat and promised myself that I'd save my money for other things. It WAS really good! I can see why people at the office go several times a week.

Card: For today's card, I wanted to break out a shoe paper punch that I bought back in May, but hadn't used yet. It was when I went to New Hampshire and I found it at Marshalls. The TSA people were very confused as to what it was when my bag went through the x-ray machine. I punched out a few shoes with the colorful DCWV paper and used my new T-square ruler to line up the shoes vertically. Then I adhered a flag-shaped sentiment panel, gemmed up the card, and finished it off with some faux stitching.

Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Blackbird
Paper: Die Cuts with a View- Mango Frost
Stamps: Studio G (alphabet)
Punch: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper, EK Success- High Heel Shoe
White Gel Pen: Inkssentials

0 comments :

Post a Comment