Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Success at the Office

At the office: Today was a really fulfilling day at work. Months ago, I went to a leadership conference where I hatched this idea about having non-senior staff meet every other month to talk about common issues/problems and find solutions for them together. Why should we wait for senior staff to fix these problems for us, right? The senior staff have a monthly meeting to touch base, and I felt that a similar venue needed to exist for non-senior staff. Also, maybe we can bring things to the attention of the senior staff that they might not be aware of. After getting buy-in from the Executive Director and senior staff and finding/working with partners-in-crime, the first non-senior staff meeting was held today. Judging by the turnout, participation, and compliments afterwards, I would say the meeting was a success. I'm very much looking forward to reporting back to my supervisor and the Executive Director about how the meeting went and how we can get started on addressing the action items.

I don't usually have super awesome days at work, but today definitely fit into that category. It feels very fulfilling to know that I had an idea, found people to help me with it, and executed the plan with positive results. YAY!

Cookies: I was able to give all of them away by the end of the work day. Whew, I'm not stuck eating the rest on my own.

Training: Running on the treadmill is not fun, and I find it more difficult to get my workout done. I would have run my 2.5 miles (9:50 min/mile pace) outside today, but it was way too hot. The treadmill forces me to keep that pace, but in reality, my pace would fluctuate throughout the race. I get so distracted by the numbers on the display and I felt like I got tired more easily. I eventually broke down the 2.5 miles to 1.0, 0.5, 0.4 and 0.6 with some walking in between each interval.

Card: I started out with a background stamp that I bought recently but hadn't used yet. I stamped it on some cream cardstock and then matted it with some bright blue cardstock. I thought this card was going to go in a more masculine direction until I really didn't have a plan of what to use as a focal point of the card. I decided to toss the masculine card plan out the window and go with a red die cut flower. I curled up the petals for a more realistic look.

Card Specs:
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Broken China, Vintage Photo
Stamps: Studio G (sentiment, background)
Brad: K&Company- Wild Saffron
Flower: Prima
Die: Sizzix- Tim Holtz Alterations Tattered Florals
Other: Black American Crafts Stamp Marker

1 comments :

Jen W. said...

Congrats on your successful meeting!
I like this colour combo and the hand drawn frame.

Post a Comment