Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Trigger Target: Squares to Cherish + CARDS Magazine Challenge

Training: On the training schedule today was 4.5 miles at a 11:30 pace. By my rough calculations, I was able to maintain a 11:33 pace, so at least I'm not too far off. Those hills are like whoa, but at least it's good practice.

At the office: I had my salary conversation with my boss today and it didn't go as well as I was hoping considering my stellar performance review yesterday. With the recent budget cuts, I can understand why they aren't able to be as generous as in previous years. At least I can say that I did everything that I possibly could to get to this point, so all I can do now is continue to work hard and push for that promotion. God grant me the serenity to accept the things that I cannot change, etc...

Card: For today's card, I decided to address 2 challenges at once. One was Moxie Fab World's Tuesday Trigger and the other was this week's CARDS Magazine challenge that focuses on cards with gathered ribbon flowers. I noticed the olive green and blue in the trigger photo, so that's what I did my gathered ribbon flower with. I thought some buttons with thread strung through them would match nicely with the white stitching in the flower's ribbon. Finally, I heat embossed a sentiment with black embossing powder instead of black ink so it'd stand out against the patterned paper.
Card Specs:
Embossing powder: Personal Stamp Exchange- Black
Embossing ink: VersaMark
Stamps: Fiskars- Sentiments
Paper: American Crafts- Metropolitan
Punch: Fiskars Scalloped Sentiment border punch, We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper
Buttons: Bucket White from Michaels. Favorite Findings in Ocean.
Ribbon: Sweet Petites from A.C. Moore
Brad: Recollections

4 comments :

Amy* said...

So many fun elements to your design! Just love those buttons! This card makes me happy :)

Yvonne Garner said...

Great interpretation!

Marlena M. said...

This is BEAUTIFUL! ;)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Tina! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World. I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Post a Comment