Pages

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Yard Sale Success

Yard sale finds: Before I went to bed last night, I planned out a route for my morning yard sale adventure. I ended up going to 4 yard sales, but only had luck at 1. Meh, no biggie. At this yard sale, I found 2 Rubbermaid containers ($1 each), a cute yellow pot ($0.25), and 2 large Stampin' Up stamps ($2 each). Total: $6.25. I was thrilled. I was doing my mwah ha ha laugh in my head as I drove off. When I got home, I immediately wiped down the containers with a Lysol wipe and put my wood block sentiment stamps in one while putting some image wood block stamps in the other. I took the pencils, pens, scissors, etc. out of my two pencil holders and consolidated them into the one yellow pot. True be told, one of my pencil holders was the tall mug that I got for high school prom. The pot definitely feels more grown up.I did some more organizing in my room by deciding what crafty items could go to Goodwill and recycling a bunch of magazines. Settlement is less than a week away. The less that has to go to the new place, the better!

Animals: When I was on my way to my first yard sale this morning, I saw this woman chasing her terrier. He even ran into traffic! I was so afraid that one or both of them was going to get hit by a car. Good thing people were watching. And then soon after that, I saw a fawn running around the neighborhood. Its mommy was not in sight, and it was probably really scared. Again, I was scared that someone was going to hit it.

Card: Here's my card for today. I heat embossed the hydrangea stamp with black embossing powder and used my Tim Holtz inks as watercolors to color in the flower. I went over the flower centers again with my paintbrush to add a little bit of shading/dimension.

Card Specs:
Embossing powder: Personal Stamp Exchange- Black
Embossing ink: VersaMark
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Blackbird. Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Peeled Paint, Vintage Photo, Tattered Rose
Stamps: Stampin' Up- Stipple Hydrangea, Fiskars- Just Between Friends (sentiment)
Punch: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper
White Gel Pen: Inkssentials

Off to dinner with Dad's family to celebrate his retirement!

1 comments :

Mynn xx said...

Congrats on the awesome finds! Great card--I love the hydrangea embossed!

Post a Comment