Pages

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Wee Memories Challenge #62

When Meg and Robyn came over to the house yesterday, they brought presents! How sweet of them! One of the goodies was a new bottle of nail polish. Purple is actually a nail polish color that I don't already own so this was a welcomed addition. Sally Hansen in Grape Going!.

My realtor stopped by this afternoon and gave me some surprise gifts: a bouquet of flowers and a container to put mail in. I thought it was funny that she gave me the bouquet since I was thinking of buying some flowers yesterday but didn't have enough cash on me AND I bought a vase at a yard sale on Friday. Now I can actually use it! :)
The milk's expiration date was coming up so one of my goals was to use it up in food today (I don't really like the way it tastes just straight). I ended up making instant Oreo pudding and mac and cheese with broccoli and tuna, a spinoff of this recipe.

Here's my take on Wee Memories Challenge #62: Clean and Simple. I've been really wanting to use this butterfly stamp that I bought at a yard sale recently. I used the embossed resist technique with my Distress Inks. By blending the red and gold color, I got the orange color in the middle. I had a scrap piece of polka dot paper that I thought would be a good contrast to the warm colors used with the butterfly. I used a scrap piece of black ribbon to break up the colors. I popped the sentiment on foam adhesive to give the card a little dimension.
Card Specs:
Embossing powder: Stampendous! in white
Embossing ink: VersaMark
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Blackbird. Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Barn Door, Wild Honey.
Stamps: Studio G (sentiment), Stampin' Up- Stipple Butterfly
Paper: American Crafts- Abode
Die: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 8
White Gel Pen: Inkssentials
Foam adhesive: Thermoweb

P.S. This marriage proposal was cute!

4 comments :

Heather I. said...

Such a very pretty card!! I love all the pops of color!

Lisa Elton said...

Very nice and what a great butterfly!!!

Laurel Beard said...

So pretty! Love your embossed butterfly and the distressed background! Fabulous. Thank you for joining us at Wee Memories!

*Alison* said...

This is stunning.. I just adore the colors, and the CAS card is so refreshing.. :) HUGS

Post a Comment