Pages

Sunday, July 3, 2011

CPS #225

Dad's retirement dinner with his family went well last night. Many of my cousins brought their little kids, and they were soooo adorable. Here's Dad with his cake. Mmmm, cake.

Mother Nature was very unhappy last night. She gave us a heavy dose of thunderstorms early this morning (4 AMish), complete with exploding transformers (not the robot kind).

This evening, we invited family members and Robyn and her mom over for a July 4th BBQ, complete with steaks marinated by Julie, pasta salad, salad, corn, and homemade carrot cake with cream cheese frosting.

Here's my take on CPS #225. I wanted to continue getting some use out of the Inkadinkado stamp set that I bought on Friday. I stamped the images on a piece of kraft cardstock and heat embossed the sentiment stamp with some white embossing powder so that it stood out a little more against the kraft. Then it was time to pick out the paper, and I chose red to match with the flowers and the gray to contrast against the red and black. I adhered the pearls and made sure to save a little room for a butterfly in the upper right.
Card Specs:
Embossing powder: Stampendous! in white
Embossing ink: VersaMark
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Warm Red, Charcoal
Stamps: Inkadinkado- Nature (butterfly, leaf, flower), K.I. Memories- Pet (sentiment)
Paper: American Crafts- Merrymint, American Crafts-The Goods Ceremony
Punch: Martha Stewart- Classic Butterfly
Pearl: Queen & Co.- Pearl

1 comments :

Lea L. said...

This is so cheerful! I love the colors! Thanks for joining us at CPS this week!! ♥♥♥

Post a Comment