Pages

Monday, July 25, 2011

Good News at the Office + CPS #228

At the office: My boss is in town this week. She and I had a conference call with some other people from 3 to 3:45 and I knew that she had a meeting at 4. Hmmm, so what's the best way to utilize that 15 minutes in between?

me: So what do you want to get done this week before you go back home?

boss: We need to get the fact sheet done and the menu squared away for the August meeting. And at some point, we have to go over your performance review.

(pause)

me: Uhhh, do you think the performance review will take more than 15 minutes? (she laughs) Well, I've been thinking about it all weekend.

boss: Nope, it won't. You want to do it now? We can do it now. Lemme print it out.

I'm happy to report that she's very pleased with my performance at the office. She also told me that other people at the office have said positive things about me and found me easy to work with. I was afraid that sometimes I might come across as hardheaded because I'm strict about deadlines and getting things done. Her final comment was "Tina is a joy to work with..." and she checked off the "Exceeded Expectations" box. I told her thank you for the nice feedback and probably appeared cool and collected, but on the inside I was punching my fists in the air and jumping up and down like an athlete doing a victory dance. I thought she'd say something about how this would affect my position at work as I've been shooting for a promotion all year, but unfortunately, she told me that that conversation would have to happen seperately. Ok ok fine. At least we're off to a good start!

Whew. What a relief!

Card: My boss also surprised me with some gifts for the house, so I decided that tonight's card would be a thank you card to her to express my appreciation. I used CPS #228 as my inspiration. The card needed to be relatively flat in order to go in the mail. It'll be at her house to surprise her when she gets home later this week. I went straight for the Dear Lizzy paper for the patterned paper elements of the card. Everything already matched so I didn't have to go through the trouble of rummaging through my other paper stacks. I knew I needed a sentiment stamp so I used a wood mounted "Thank You" that I hadn't used in a while and a bird $1 stamp that I bought earlier this month that hadn't seen ink yet. I had to draw the eye and legs on the bird to make it come to life. How cute and simple! :)
Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Blackbird, Yellow Ochre, Rose Coral
Stamps: Studio G (bird), Inkadinkado (flower, sentiment)
Paper: American Crafts- Dear Lizzy
Punch: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper
Die: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 4
Other: Black American Crafts Stamp Marker

TV:
Yay, Ben and JP are the final two on the Bachelorette! I can't wait to see who's won Ashley's heart in the finale next week. And hello, Real Housewives of New York. I watched a little bit of it tonight, but turned it off because everyone was talking over each other, it was very difficult to follow along. Sigh. I'll catch a rerun or something later this week.

2 comments :

Jen W. said...

Love that little bird and congrats on your review!

Jennie said...

Such a sweet card! Great job on the CPS sketch and thanks for playing along this week :)

Post a Comment