Pages

Saturday, January 25, 2014

American Hustle

My cousin Erick is visiting from San Diego for the next two weeks.  I called me up on Friday to see what I was up to this weekend, and since I had no big plans, he asked if I wanted to go see a movie and get something to eat.  He listed a bunch of movies that had been nominated for awards recently, but I didn't want to see any of them.  One of my coworkers said that she recently saw American Hustle and really liked it.  I suggested that movie and Erick said ok.

We went to the 11 AM movie, which was great because there weren't many people there.  The movie was good and I thought the actors did a great job, especially Jennifer Lawrence.  When I see her, I think Katniss from The Hunger Game series, but she definitely wasn't playing that type of role this time.  It's good to see that she's versatile.  I enjoyed it, but it's not something that I'd buy to add to my DVD shelf.

Afterwards we had lunch at a new Cheesecake Factory that moved in recently.  I'm glad that it opened because the one at a nearby mall closed because the mall it was in was closing.  I hope the workers were able to easily move to this location and not lose their job.  I was good and got a lunch size cobb salad (even though I had it last night) and no cheesecake.  While we were eating, I noticed that the news was on and they were talking about a shooting at a mall about 25 miles away. 3 dead.  Several wounded.  So messed up. :(

Julie came over for Indian food dinner and we watched some Cupcake Wars on TV.  When I was waiting for her to show up, I was on the couch, catching up on my YouTube.  RJ jumped onto my chest and got comfortable there.  Jerk.

0 comments :

Post a Comment