Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!  As planned, Julie and Robyn came over to make dumplings last night.  It was kinda a food fusion night because we had Asian food w the dumplings and Robyn brought salsa and Julie brought tiramisu from Safeway (which was surprisingly good!).  Then we watched a lot of Food Network.  One show featured those Asian preserved duck eggs.  Mom likes to eat those, but I've never had one.  The color is kinda a deterrent.

Time to revisit my 2013 Resolutions to complete by January 1, 2014.

2013 Resolutions to complete by January 1, 2014
  • Decorate my bedroom and living room.  Right now, the majority of the bedroom walls are still void of any artwork, so it's time to fix that.  I have some pieces that I have saved for my bedroom, but it's not enough to fill an entire wall.  I hope to find some good pieces in the spring during yard sale season.  As for my living room, I have one wall left.  The thought of putting up a vinyl quote in both rooms crossed my mind.  I'll have to look to Etsy for something inspiring. Done and done!
  • Save enough money to buy a new car.  My youngest cousin will be graduating from college in the Spring, and the plan is to give him my car (2002 Civic) as a graduation present.  Which means that I'll have to figure out what I'm going to drive after I hand over my car. Done!
  • A modified version of one of last year's resolutions: use 15 brand new recipes that do not use a crock pot and is not a casserole or baked good. 2 of those dishes have to include some sort of seafood. I got to 10 recipes, but some of them included baked goodies and I didn't do any seafood (maybe I just shouldn't force it).  The one that I'm most proudest of is learning how to make dumplings
  • Continue to have an open mind about online dating.  I don't think I fully utilized my 6 month membership last year because I only dated 2 guys (1 only lasted one date and the other guy 4 months).  Yeah, that didn't happen.  I tried a round of Match and another round of Eharmony and I feel like there's a bunch of inactive, non-assertive people on there to make it worth the experience.  I would contact people, and they wouldn't even make an attempt to reciprocate.  Sheesh.
  • Get to at least 800 Etsy sales. Currently at 824 sales :)
Things that I accomplished but were not on the list:
  • I traveled to new cities for work: New Orleans and Raleigh.
  • I took my first real vacation since 2011 and went on my first cruise to the Bahamas with my friends.
  • I stepped a little out of my spin class bubble and did some weight training with the 30 Day Shred Jillian Michaels DVD.  I surprised myself by completing 2 rounds (1st round, 2nd round).
  • I found a new income source with channeling my yard sale skills and reselling items on Ebay.
  • I did 3 outdoor markets, my first ones ever.  (May, June #1, June #2).
I'm still compiling a list of New Years Resolutions, but it's nice to reflect on how the previous year went.  :)

1 comments :

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Good that you kept some of your resolutions. I need to check out mine from last year, see how I did, thanks for reminding me.

Post a Comment