Pages

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Doing Makeup on a Dreary Day

I told myself that I HAD to go to the gym today.  No excuses.  I skipped out on spin class because it was raining outside, but I did go and do about 35 minutes of cardio and watch Courtney Loves Dallas while I was there.  Multitasking at its best.

To get myself out of the house, I told myself that I could go to Ulta for one last purchase before going on a no-buy.  I picked up a new mascara (Maybelline's The Rocket) and a Maybelline gel eyeliner in Blackest Black.  I got a really good deal on these products because there was already a buy 1, get the second for 50% off, plus I had a $5 off $10 purchase, plus I reached enough points that I could get $3 off.  WOOT!  I am determined to perfect my winged eye liner skills.

I must have looked half dead, sans makeup, going up to the counter to check out.  Whatever.  No need to get decked out to go to the gym, only to sweat it off 30 minutes later.

There wasn't anything good on tv so I played with some of my recent makeup purchases as well as my Urban Naked palette.  I have to laugh at the transformation because it only took about 10 minutes to do and I'm really pleased with how much more alive I look.  The gel eyeliner was so much easier to work with (read: forgiving) than my liquid liner.  I got this winged liner to workout in one try.  The eyeshadow is darker in real life, but the bathroom lights are very bright.
Song of the day: "Va Va Voom" - Nicki Minaj.  Heard it this morning when I was watching Claire Marshall's YouTube video.  I thought it was a clever way to show lipstick swatches.

1 comments :

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Amazing how make-up can change a face....I picked up some "no wrinkle" cream, it's suppose to start working in 24 applications, morning and noon. We'll see. I need a new make up for the face, i have cover girl, but not sure if I like it. So I don't wear much of it. I used to wear makeup all the time being a hairdresser....but that seems to change when a person hits 67 for some reason. (lazy-ness???)

Post a Comment