Pages

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Get Well Card

"Tina, can I talk to you for a second?"

Oh, yeah.  I love conversations that start like that, especially when you lead me to a private conference room and close the door.

"So, it's really scary what happened to R over the weekend."

o_0

What?

What are you talking about?

I could see the uh-oh moment that my co-worker had.  I seriously had no idea what she was referring to.  She filled me in on a co-worker that had gone to the hospital over the weekend due to a heart attack and she got some misinformation that I had gone to see him at the hospital.

Wow.  What a way to start the morning.

I texted him to see how he was doing and he said that the doctors were releasing him tomorrow morning.  I wish I had known sooner so that I could visit, but he didn't think it was necessary but he appreciated the thought.  I did the next best thing...making him a card for the office to sign. How could this adorable fatty cat not cheer you up, right?

On another note, I was on two interview panels today for a new hire.  The first one went really well.  It was clear that the guy had done his research, not only on the organization but also on the projects that each of the interviewers worked on.  He also sent us links to surveys that he worked on in the past.  It blew me away.  I have never seen someone prepare so much for an interview AND appear so confident and personable via Skype.  It was like we were having a conversation rather than a formal interview.  The second interview of the day did not go as smoothly.  After the lady started reading off her resume and asked questions about where she would sit in the office, I stopped paying attention.  It was one of those instances where I wish we could have cut the interview short because it was clear that she wasn't going to get a second interview.

1 comments :

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Really cute card Tina. RJ makes for a good card. Its fun to do cards with photos I have taken, need to do that more.

Post a Comment