Pages

Monday, March 16, 2015

Potluck Success

Today is Day 1 of Employee Appreciation Week (cue "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year").  The best part is the chair massages that we can sign up for.  They needed to fill spots so we had the opportunity to sign up for a second spot and I totally took advantage of that.  The lady kept commenting that my shoulders and back were very tight.  "Oh my.  Do you have a headache?  You either have one or one's coming."  So then I spent the rest of the day feeling paranoid.  I felt like jello afterwards and it was tough to feel motivated to do any work between the massage and lunch and then it was tough to not sink into a food coma after lunch.  Blahhh.

The potluck sign-up sheet didn't have many names on it on Friday, but miraculously we had tons of food at lunch today.  I ate so much that I left the lunch thinking I'd never have to eat again.  Some of my homemade favorites were:
  • Hayley's kuegel
  • Jacob's enchiladas
  • Jennifer's pound cake (I took a slice after lunch and then took the last piece when I was cleaning up the breakout room at the end of the day, heh).
  • Caprice's carrot cake cupcakes
The dumplings were a big hit, and I came home with an empty container.  I do have to say that I was a little horrified that when it was my turn in line, the first dumpling that I saw had a strand of RJ's hair on it.  I snatched that dumpling up real quick to spare everyone.  Julie joked that it was garnish. Right. The sauce got compliments too.  It was a last minute decision to bring it.  I was going to bring my bottle of soy sauce and both Mom and Julie wailed "That's not the sameeeeee."  Ok ok.  Fine.  I mixed up some soy sauce, vinegar and sesame oil right before bed last night.

I had to laugh when someone asked me how I made the wrappers.  Um, I didn't.  Who has that kind of time and patience?!  

I made sure that I didn't take a nap on the couch after getting home from work because then it'd be game over.  Nope, I was good and went to spin class.

And then was bad when I got home and used up the rest of the dumpling meat to make 20 dumplings for myself.  I didn't quite get my fill at lunch today because the ones I brought to the office were for my coworkers and I was too busy eating everyone else's food. 

Day 2 of Employee Appreciation Week is a trip to a bowling alley.  At the time that we had to sign up, I had a conference call during the time that we'd be bowling so I had to skip out.  Meh, that's okay.  Maybe I can go home early.

1 comments :

Anonymous said...

Whew...busy day!! Dumplings sound good, I should make some again.
Louise

Post a Comment