Pages

Monday, March 9, 2015

Unwanted Visitors and Meg's Birthday Card

This morning started off on the wrong note.  I woke up around 2 AM to some scratching noises in the ceiling.  RJ was pacing around to get a sense of what was going on.  Oh, great.  I have some unwanted guests living in the roof.  I pulled up the animal control website on my phone and tried to tune it out as much as possible.  As soon as I relaxed enough to fall asleep, the creature picked that time to be active again.  When I got out of bed for good, I called the animal control people and the lady on the phone was not surprised that I was having issues.  "Oh, this is the time that animals are having their babies.  It could be three things: squirrels, flying squirrels and raccoons.  Would you like us to come for an inspection?"  I wish they had an available appointment today, but apparently they were booked and tomorrow was not a good time for me because I have to be at the office.  Wednesday it is.  If anything, I hope they can at least identify where the animals are coming in and patch it up so there are no more unwanted tenants.

When I IMed Julie when I got to work, she was like "At least it wasn't spiders."

On a brighter note, I got my car serviced this morning and the maintenance guy gave me a 15% discount because I bought it at a partner Honda dealership.

Meg's birthday is coming up soon, so in preparation, I made her birthday card last night.  I was inspired by our recent trip to the San Diego Zoo and her love of flamingos.  I used this origami site as a reference for the origami model.

Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Blackbird, Sour Apple, Warm Green, Yellow Citrus
Stamps: Studio G (sentiment), K.I. Memories- Garden (grass), TPC Studio- Cupcakes (balloon)
Paper: Die Cuts with a View
Other: Black Ultra Fine Point Sharpie 

1 comments :

Anonymous said...

Oh Gosh...hope they find your unwanted guest before a lot of damage is done. Cute card, you are so good at that origami stuff. I have tried but usually get lost at the 3rd or 4th fold. Oh yay...I got a discount of 15% at the dentist today....Senior Citizen discount....oh those perks!!!
Louise

Post a Comment