Pages

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

4 Year House Anniversary!

OMG, it's been 4 years since settling on my townhouse (btw, thanks for the texts this morning, Cristina). Time flies when you're...being a responsible adult? Hah, "responsible adult." That makes me want to throw up and laugh out loud at the same time.

One of my friends at work, Hilary, is leaving next week for another job, so Michelle, Ben and I took her to dim sum as a good-bye lunch. I haven't had dim sum in forever (like a couple of years?), so this was good timing. I'm so sad to see her go though. She makes our publications look awesome and always provides such wonderful customer service. I told her that I'd make banana pudding for her before her last day. Michelle was nice to drive us in her big party bus (aka Honda Odyssey) and I called shotgun both ways (yes, sometimes I act like I'm 12...not a "responsible adult" as mentioned above). When we were going back to the office, she flung her hand in my direction several times and a bug flew off her and onto me. There was a moment of silence and then giggles. "Here, Tina, you deal with it!" At least it wasn't a spider. I don't know what it was. Yuck.
This was round 1. The amount of food we ended up with was seriously embarrassing. Thankfully they had take-out boxes and I got the leftovers, yay! It worked out since my refrigerator is kinda empty at the moment.
While falling into a food coma would have been nice, I had to be awake enough to be in a group meeting this afternoon to talk about a resource center website that needs fixing. As the meeting went on, the list of grievances got longer. I'm glad that I'm not the one that has to make the changes, but unfortunately, the contractor totally sucks. I wish I had the skills to make the changes, because then we wouldn't be wasting any money and I know I'd deliver a good product. Blah.

The meeting went over a little, but I was able to do Day 5 of Crush60: Heat after work before it got crowded at the gym. The medicine ball slams were no joke. Whew. 

I heard "Oops, I Did It Again" on the way home today...and yes, I lip synced in the car.

0 comments :

Post a Comment