Pages

Friday, July 17, 2015

New York City, Day 1

Hooray, time to head to NYC to see my friend Suzie! I took the train in the morning and by the time I got to Penn Station, it was around lunch time. Wow, I thought I was accustomed to city life, but NYC is not joke. It was easy to feel overwhelmed by the crowd and all the subway options. After some texting, I found Suzie and we headed to her apartment to drop my stuff off. Then we headed to a Japanese restaurant for lunch (Hibino). She got some sushi rolls and I went with the fried pork dumplings. Yum!
After lunch, it was time to head to the Bronx Zoo. It took a little while to get there, so by the time we got to the Zoo gates, we only had about 2 hours to walk around (not enough time to see everything). We rode the monorail (Suzie whispered to me, "This feels very Jurassic Park."). We also went to see the birds of prey because there was a snowy owl there.
For dinner, we went to an Indian restaurant in her neighborhood and came back to her apartment to watch The Unbreakable Kimmy Schimdt on Netflix, which I hadn't seen before, but will make a point to watch when I get home.

0 comments :

Post a Comment