Pages

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Sick Day and New Stereo

I decided to take a sick day today to get a physical (long overdue) and have the rest of the day to do whatever I wanted. The doctor's office said that I had to fast for the blood work. Well, the lab didn't take my blood until around noon, so I was starving by then! A funny thing that happened at the doctor: she hit my knees to check for reflexes and my knees went up so suddenly that my flip flops came off.

My 3 PM conference call got cancelled, so I was able to make it to the gym before the afternoon rush. One of the things that I like about the gym near work is the big windows, so I can people watch during some of the workouts. When I was walking on the treadmill, I saw this little girl on the back of her dad's bike and she was waving to the traffic like she was Princess Diana or something. When I was stretching at the end of the workout, there was some sort of medical emergency or something. I didn't see what happened, but there were at least 3 police cars and 2 ambulances. The paramedics helped an older gentleman out of one of the cars and onto a stretcher. Hope he's okay!

I finished most of the Day 8: Chest workout during this session, except for the dips because the dip machine was broken. I did, however, manage to do that part of the workout at the other gym before spin class. Whee!

My new Bluetooth speaker that I bought on Groupon came in the mail yesterday. I was getting tired of blasting Taylor Swift from my phone and carrying my phone everywhere in the house in my back pocket. I was expecting it to be bigger, but the sound quality is pretty good (and it came in red!).

0 comments :

Post a Comment