Pages

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Arm Day, Done

Kara, who sits on the other side of the aisle from me at work, said some funny things today:
  • I wore the yellow heels that I purchased a few weeks ago to work today. Kara made an observation, "Your shoes are the color of banana cream pie."
  • The nurse at the doctor's office said that my blood work came back saying that my vitamin D levels were low and that I needed to take a supplement. Kara went with me to CVS to pick up a bottle. On the way there, she told me that her mom got her a Fitbit for her birthday. "It took me only a day to be one of those people that constantly checks how many steps they have." Yep, welcome to the club. When we got back to the office, we became Fitbit friends on the app. I'm hoping she'll keep me on my toes because since Surili's become pregnant, she's kinda slowed down (understandably, of course!).
I was determined to finish yesterday's prescribed workout and I did, so now I can say that Day 11 of Crush60 (arms) is done. Whew. I went home to eat a snack and feed RJ and then I went to the other gym to go to spin class. Afterwards, I went to the grocery store next door, and I noticed that if you bought a bottle of coconut water, you could get a container of yogurt for free. Another spin instructor raves about coconut water so I thought it'd be worth a try. Meh, it's alright, maybe less than alright. Maybe it's an acquired taste? This evening involved sitting on my butt in front of the tv, watching Kimmy Schmidt and eating Indian food that I made...chicken, tomatoes, peas, and chick peas. Yum!

Oh, fun thing from today. There's a new dog in the neighborhood: Buster the French Bulldog puppy. He is so cute! I was walking on the sidewalk to my townhome and he sees me and comes bounding towards me to say hello. I gave him a few butt scratches and he wiggled with delight.

1 comments :

Jen W. said...

Just got back from a vaycay where my brother gave me a Fitbit as an early birthday present. Our last day in Boston I walked over 7 miles (16000+ steps). Only bummer? I hadn't set up the Fitbit stuff on my iPhone so it didn't save the data. Waaahhh!!!

I feel the same way about coconut water - wish I liked it because it's supposed to be so good for you but after several tries I still can't get into it.

LOVE French bulldogs!! And also Boston terriers. They're pretty much the only small breeds I have any time for. They have such big personalities. :)

I know I only know you through your blog and I hope this doesn't weird you out but would you consider having me as a Fitbit friend? None of my friends have one and I could use some motivation...

Post a Comment