Pages

Thursday, January 28, 2016

Push-Presses and a Surprise Interview

6:30 AM CrossFit, check! We worked on our push presses. 3 x 5 at 80 lbs. I surprised myself because I thought 75 lbs last week was already pushing my limits!

WOD…AMRAP for 9:00
10 Pistols
20 DB Power Cleans
60 single unders

I took a different route to work today, hoping there would be less snow-related traffic. Nope, wrong. 3 lanes had to merge into 1 to make room for an army of trucks and other snow removal machinery. I thought I’d be late for a 10 AM meeting and also miss the staff breakfast, but I made it just in time!

Busy day today:
  • meeting about website stuff
  • presentation to some staff
  • interview. We interviewed someone for this position not that long ago, and we all liked her. I was really confused when I got a calendar appointment for this interview, so I asked the Executive Director on what happened to the first candidate. It turns out that she lied during her interview! She said she was still working at her job, but when Human Resources called to check on her references, we found out that she has since left that job. What?! How do you lie about something like that? Yikes.
  • chat with boss about some documents that are due tomorrow to the senior director. We wanted to get them turned in today because both of us are taking the day off tomorrow. I think I’ll take the day off tomorrow!

0 comments :

Post a Comment