Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

1 RM Hang Squat Snatch and Birthday Cake Baking

6:30 AM CrossFit, check! Test week: hang squat snatches. We aimed for our 1 RM. After a few failed attempts (one almost had me landing on my butt), I got 50 lbs. I’ll need a lot more practice before being able to add more weight.

WOD: - 4:00 max wall balls (8 lbs). Every time you had to take a break from the WB, you had to do 10 burpees
- 1:00 rest
- 4:00 max KBS (26 lbs). Every break = 10 burpees
I ended up with 45 wall balls and 50 kettlebell swings.

My coworker, Michelle, was so nice to take me out to lunch today. We went to Cava and got rice bowls. She also handed me some birthday art that her kid, my banana pudding sous chef, made for me. I have it hanging up in my cube now along with a thank you card she made. Aw, so sweet!

I tackled my birthday cake tonight after watching Arrow. It's a 2-layered chocolate cake from Add a Pinch. The cake part was easy. I feel like frosting was too runny, but I made it work. I figured my family would be willing guinea pigs and then if it goes well, I'll make it again when Robyn and Meg come over to celebrate me and Meg's birthdays at the end of the month. I felt like I was in some sort of cartoon. The top layer was slightly sliding off the bottom layer because of the icing, so I had to stick a chopstick (and later on, a plastic knife) to make sure that the cake didn't come apart overnight.
Apparently, the green thing that looks like a fish is supposed to be a heart.
Grains and greens bowl with falafel.
We'll see how this tastes tomorrow!

0 comments :

Post a Comment