Pages

Friday, February 26, 2016

Happy Birthday, Julie!

6:30 AM CrossFit, check! It was a make up day, so we could do one of the lifts from this week or pick another one. I went with the bench press and added 5 lbs to what I did on Tuesday. 3 x 5 at 65 lbs.

I brought some of the cupcakes that I baked yesterday to the gym in honor of Julie's birthday. Mona also brought homemade banana bread, so yeah, good thing we got a workout in.  We left a cupcake and a mini loaf of bread and a sign for Coach Maddie as a small surprise for when she came to the gym for her morning session.

WOD: 5 rounds.
100 m row or run (I rowed because I did NOT want to run outside)
10 pistols (to bench)
7 push-ups (black and red bands)
Time: 8:25

We are doing the CrossFit Open 16.1 workout tomorrow morning, eek! It’s gonna be a tough/long one, which is probably for the best because I’m on work travel next week and won’t be able to make it to CrossFit again until next Friday. It’s weird that CrossFit was something that I once feared, but now I’m like “Nooo, I can’t make it!”

For dinner, I headed over to my parents' house for Julie's birthday celebration. I brought RJ as well since he'll be staying there when I'm in St. Louis (he wasted no time getting on top of the refrigerator, something he only does there, thankfully). Mom made spaghetti and meatballs, at Julie's request and I brought the birthday cake that I baked yesterday. We were able to Facetime with my cousin and uncle in Taiwan during cake time, so that was cool. I got Julie a mug with dinosaurs on it. :) For someone who didn't really want anything for her birthday...when in doubt, go with dinosaurs or cats or rabbits.

0 comments :

Post a Comment