Pages

Thursday, February 4, 2016

Pull-ups and a Messed Up Poster Presentation

6:00 PM CrossFit, check! I showed up to the gym and Ryan, the only guy who comes to the morning sessions, was sweating and red in the face and breathing hard. Shoot. This is going to be bad. I can't back out because the coaches already saw me AND I told Maria I would work out with her.

We worked on our pull-ups, and then the WOD was the CrossFit Games Open workout 14.5 for time.
21 Thrusters (45 lbs)
21 Bar Facing Burpees
18 Thrusters (I had to go down to 40 lbs)
18 Bar Facing Burpees
15 Thrusters
15 Bar Facing Burpees
(Decrease by 3 for each set…the last set being 3 thrusters and 3 bar facing burpees)
Time: 24:00 Whew!

I'm so proud of Maria for staying at 45 lbs for the workout. We stayed afterwards and stretched while she told me about her background interview (she had to do one as part of the process to move to Mexico with her husband).

My boss texted me while I was at CrossFit. "Do you have a minute?" AHHH, what happened? Is someone in trouble?  Am I in trouble?  What's going on??

Apparently the CDC fellow messed up on our poster that we have to present at the end of the month. I got the email from her yesterday, but since I was out, I hadn't had a chance to look at it yet (read: I didn't want to and I was scared of what shape the poster was in). We had agreed months ago that we'd have a good draft by early February. But NOOOO. When I got back from Christmas break, I find out that this fellow had not only not worked on the poster, but was out for the whole month of December. WTF?! I would have done the poster myself if I knew that was going to be the case!  My boss wants to have a conversation with the fellow's supervisor on Friday.

When I got home, I saw some of the corrections that my boss sent over and opened the attachment in the fellow's email.  UGH, I didn't even look at the content. The formatting was all wrong. I decided to create my own draft of the poster. The fellow can still send me content and I can just drop it into the text boxes. Grrr...if you want something done, do it yourself!

0 comments :

Post a Comment