Pages

Saturday, February 6, 2016

CrossFit, Craft Time with Tina, and Lunar New Year Dinner

9:30 AM CrossFit, check! Many of us commiserated on how tough TH night’s workout was. I worked on my push presses, 3 x 5 at 85 lbs. For reference, my one rep max was 90 lbs a few months ago. 

WOD, 10:00 AMRAP. CrossFit Games Open workout 11.5 cut in half (10:00 instead of 20:00)
5 Power Cleans (55 lbs)
10 Toes to Bar (I did knees to chest)
15 Wall Balls (8 lbs)
I got through 5 rounds.

I went to the mall earlier today. While I was at Target, I saw a bunch of notebooks on clearance and I just happened to need one for work, as my current one is getting down to the last sheets of paper. Hmm...Hello Kitty or kraft with blue chevron. My first instinct was to grab for the Hello Kitty one, but I figured the other one would be more work appropriate, ha ha.

My coworker asked me if I wanted to do a Valentine's Day session with her kid and 6 of her kid's friends (for reference, I did a session with D and her friend Z a few weeks ago). Of course, I said yes! I had a feeling that this would be a fun (and funny) experience. The kids were sooo excited to see each other and were very good about sharing supplies with one another. After about an hour of stamping, coloring, etc. they gravitated towards D's toy room, which was fine by me, hah. Wow, all that energy, whew! I'm glad that the parents stayed around to help with this craft session because I would have no idea how to handle 7 rambunctious 4-year olds at the same time. D gave me a big hug and one of her temporary tattoos as I was leaving. It's a pair of cherries...with glitter.  Obviously, badass material there.
After saying goodbye to D and her friends, I went to my parents' house to hang out before going to my aunt and uncle's house for the Lunar New Year dinner. My favorite dish, as always, was the sticky rice stuffed duck. I only ate one of the dumplings that I made earlier this week. I’ve made so many of them the past few months, I’m kinda tired of them.

(Horrified gasp)

I can’t believe I said that. I didn’t think it was possible to even have that thought!

1 comments :

Jen W. said...

Ha ha! Don't you hate when you OD on your favourite foods? Give it a month or so and you'll be wanting them again...

Post a Comment