Considering I didn't start seriously lifting until July 1, I'm really proud of myself for the progress I've made. I don't think it'd be proper to post these two pictures without mentioning what has transpired between the two pictures.
- Lots and lots of sweating, grunting, grimacing, exhales of exhaustion, soreness, etc.
- Not being able to make it through a full set, reracking or putting the weight down, stamping down on self doubt, taking a deep breath and trying again.
- Waking up at 5:30 AM to go to CrossFit several times a week. Sometimes there would be two-a-days: spin and Crush60 or spin and CrossFit.
- Doing exercises that I had never done before with people I've never met before. Well, it turns out that nothing builds camaraderie like a really intense Leg Day or WOD.
- Discovering that I have physical strength that I never knew I had in me, i.e. I can lift 100 lbs over my head and sumo deadlift and regular deadlift more than my bodyweight.
- Revisiting clothes that hadn't fit before because they were too tight, but now they don't fit quite right because they are too loose.
- Building the confidence to try something different with my work look every once in a while: curling my hair, dramatic eye makeup, dark lipstick, etc.
I can't wait to revisit this post in 2017. :)