Pages

Saturday, February 27, 2016

CrossFit Open Games Workout 16.1 and a New Crafty Project

The day is finally here! The CrossFit Games Open have begun, something the gym has been talking about for months. The workout was released last night so I knew what I was getting myself into. It wasn't really the exercises that I was worried about. It was more the time because 20 minutes is a long time to be going all-out.
 
CrossFit Games Open 16.1 Scaled (AMRAP - Reps)
20-Minute AMRAP of:
25 Ft. Front Rack Walking Lunge, 35#
8 Bar Facing Burpees
25 Ft. Front Rack Walking Lunge, 35#
8 Jumping Pull-ups

I got through 5 complete rounds and tacked on 25 ft walking lunges and 8 burgees, 143 total reps. More fun to follow next week!

A few days ago, Jessie asked me if I would make a bunch of 3D crystal hearts for a project she wants to do with her students and linked a YouTube tutorial in her email for reference.

My first instinct was to say “But that’s not paper! This is totally outside of my comfort zone. Like in another galaxy!“ But I wanted to give it a shot before I said anything. I bought supplies after CrossFit this morning.

After a few hours, I made something resembling a heart! Hey, not too bad for the first day of trying! I will need more practice, but I’m getting somewhere.
Before
After

1 comments :

June K said...

Great heart, Tina. I learned to make one but it just did not come out quite right.

Post a Comment