Pages

Sunday, February 28, 2016

St. Louis, Day 1

Whew, I made it! I slept most of the flight, per usual.

When I got to the airport, I texted my coworker to say I was at baggage claim. He was too, and then we realized we were in different terminals. I was all set to walk to the other terminal, but I saw the signs for a shuttle. I got on the shuttle and then quickly realized that the other terminal would not have been within walking distance. It was like a 5 minute drive away!

I'm glad that the two of us took the train together to the hotel because I would have been nervous to ride it by myself. The landscape was a little disheartening. I saw lots of dilapidated buildings and then new buildings but no people nearby (maybe because it was Sunday?), and then even the "Market" area near the hotel was pretty empty. Then you have to account for the interesting people on the train, which normally doesn't bother me on the Metro at home, but when I'm in a city I'm not familiar with, it makes me really nervous.

For dinner, I met up with 2 of my coworkers and we went to Lombardo's, an Italian restaurant. I had some seafood pasta, and it was super yummy, especially after a day of travelling.
If you look closely, you can see the Arch.

0 comments :

Post a Comment