Pages

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

CrossFit Class and a Different Look

Third 6:30 AM CrossFit session in a row. Whew!  I think out of the 3 days, today's was the hardest. I learned some new moves, the snatch and overhead press. I spent time working on my form with the coach because there are so many things to remember. Chest over the bar, bend your knees, bar close to your body, etc. Then there was an AMRAP (as many reps as possible) workout with push-up burpees over the bar and weighted step-ups. Those push-ups, even though I did them on my knees, were tough towards the end. Tough enough that my arms actually gave out and my body hit the mat. After the workout, the coach said, "Tina, you killed it today." Oh really?  Heh. Because I feel like the workout killed me. Blah!  I don't know how I managed to drive home and actually wash my hair since my arms and shoulders felt like jello.

Since I didn't have anything pressing to do at work, I took an extra 10 minutes and ran a curling iron through my hair instead of wearing it up in a ponytail. I also took out a Sephora Cream Lip Stain in Blackberry Sorbet (this formula is awesome, by the way...) and wore it to work. This was the first time I've worn a dark color like that to work. I wanted to try something different. The results were funny and interesting.

I walked by the policy director's office on my way to the kitchen to rinse out my lunch container. He was in his office already talking to someone and stopped mid-sentence. "Tina!" I backtracked. "Where are you going?" Uh, the kitchen. I don't remember what his response was, but he alluded to the dark lipstick and the hair down. He seemed kinda suspicious. The coworker in his office mumbled something about a date. The policy director smiles, "You can say that, but I can't." Hah. And then it dawned on me...oh, he thinks I'm looking different because I'm going on a date later. Alas, nope.

I was talking to the receptionist as I was leaving the office. She looks at me, "Did you get your nose pierced?!" Um, yeah, a few weeks ago. She's been on vacation, so I haven't seen her in a little while. "It looks pretty. Tsk, Tina, the nose piercing and the dark lipstick. I see you, Tina, I see you getting fly!" Hah, um, thanks? :)
Waiting, waiting, waiting for people to email me back.

1 comments :

Jen W. said...

Look at that muscle!! Whoop whoop! And LOL to "I see you getting fly!"

Post a Comment