Pages

Friday, September 18, 2015

Day Off with Cinnamon Rolls and Meet the Patels

Hooray for a day off.  The first order of business was going to the 10 AM CrossFit session. I'm glad Maddie revised the workout because 75 burpee box jumps or 100 burpee box jumps sounds just about impossible. Instead we did running, ring rows and burpee box jumps (but not so many).
When I got home, I made these pumpkin cinnamon rolls that I found at the grocery store last night. I wasn't looking at the clock too closely, so they came out a little browner than I'd like, but they were still delicious!
I went to volunteer at my neighborhood's 8K race's packet pick-up (Volunteer Activity #5 of 2015). I was hoping I'd be able to run the race this year, but I did more lifting this summer than running.

After doing my good deed for the community, I went to hang out with Michelle and Surili this evening...dinner and a movie. We went to Cava for dinner and then went to see the movie Meet the Patels. MEET THE PATELS is a laugh-out-loud real life romantic comedy about Ravi Patel, an almost-30-year-old Indian-American who enters a love triangle between the woman of his dreams ... and his parents. Filmed by Ravi’s sister in what started as a family vacation video, this hilarious and heartbreaking film reveals how love is a family affair. I wasn't sure what to expect, but there was lots of heart and humor. While I'm not Indian, I could relate to some of the things the guy was going through.

0 comments :

Post a Comment