Pages

Saturday, September 26, 2015

Participating in a Coworker's Yard Sale, Italian Wonderpot and More of the Pope's Visit

My coworker told me on Wednesday that she wanted to do a yard sale (she's pregnant with her second child and needs to make some money and room for new furniture items) and asked me if I was interested in doing it with her. Ok! We did one 2 years ago together. We didn't get a ton of traffic, but it was nice to just chat since we sit on opposite sides of the office. Between 9 AM to 2 PM, I was able to sell 1 fleece vest, 2 dress shirts, 1 set of full-sized sheets, 1 pair of capri pants, and 1 bottle of lotion. My coworker also bought 20 of my homemade cards from me at a discounted price.  All in all, I came away with $24. I also sold 2 dresses earlier this week on Ebay for $10.50. Meh, not too bad. Once I get some more boxes from the office, I'll see if I can get more things up on Ebay. Even if it might take a while to sell, these clothes that don't fit me anymore are too nice to just donate. I'm not at that point yet anyway.

One funny moment was when one of the kids that lived across the street tried to put a sweater meant for a teddy bear on her dog. What a patient, patient dog.

When I got home, I immediately turned on the tv to watch the Pope coverage on CNN. I can't seem to turn it off.  They had a segment previewing his visit tomorrow to one of the prisons in Philadelphia, the first Pope to do so in the US. The prisoners showed the chair that they created as a give to the Pope, and they looked really proud of their craftsmanship. They had newspeople covering the crowd that was waiting for his speech at Independence Hall and the Festival of Families, and everyone looks so happy. I wish there would be this positive energy all the time. It's going to be a sad moment when he leaves.

While I was listening to the coverage, I made a batch of Italian Wonderpot from Budget Bytes. Yum yum yum!

My shoulders/back are kinda sore from yesterday's workout, so I decided to take a rest day...back to spin and Crush tomorrow!

0 comments :

Post a Comment