Pages

Saturday, September 5, 2015

CrossFit and New Booties

CrossFit class #4 of the week! I used up my 10-session punch card, so in order to go, I had to either purchase another one or go ahead and purchase the membership. I purchased the membership and signed up for class.

I added 5 lbs. to my front squat, so now I'm at 70 lbs. My thighs were killing me towards the end.

Then there was the timed portion of the workout:
400 m run
15 burpees
400 m run
15 push press
200 m run
30 burpees
200 m run
30 push press 


There was a 15 minute cap, and I was able to get it done in 14:13. Dropping the barbell (40 lbs.) at the end of the 30 push presses was like "BOOM, I did it!" That felt so freakin' good! Not just because the workout was done, but because I really pushed myself and made it under the cap when I thought I wouldn't be able to when the coach listed out the workout.

After class, I sent Julie a text to let her know that I did make it to class AND I purchased the membership. She was probably grinning from ear-to-ear in San Francisco. After 2 months, she finally wore me down. This CrossFit experience has been awesome so far, so sure, I'll keep going.

I went home to shower and then I went to the mall. I got some new booties that I can wear for the fall season ($10 off coupon, $10 off certificate, double points, muah ha ha). I wanted to find some new skinny jeans, but nothing was really fitting right so I gave up on that front. I then went to Costco and bought some peaches and strawberries. I'll do some real grocery shopping after spin class tomorrow.

0 comments :

Post a Comment